The Canada-France-Hawaii Telescope on Mauna Kea, Hawaii. CFHTLenS uses data imaged by the CFHT Legacy Survey which completed observations in early 2009. Image credit J.-C. Cuillandre.
CFHTLenS data products.
The following data products can be downloaded from CADC:
• CFHTLenS object catalogues (includes photometry and lensing shape information) from here
New for 2015: Online material from Coupon et al. (2015)
The following cosmology products are available on this site:
• 2D cosmic shear data from Kilbinger et al. 2013
• Finely-binned tomographic cosmic shear data from Heymans et al. 2013
• 2-bin tomographic cosmic shear data from Benjamin et al. 2013
• 3pt cosmic shear data from Fu et al 2014
The data products made available in this data release are described in the following papers:
• CFHTLenS photometry and photometric redshifts described in Hildebrandt et al. 2012
• CFHTLenS summary and gravitational lensing systematics described Heymans et al. 2012
• CFHTLenS galaxy shapes measurement and calibration described in Miller et al. 2013
The use of the CFHTLenS imaging, photometry or shear catalogues should be acknowledged in publications by including the paragraph listed below, in addition to citing specific CFHTLenS articles within the text.
• For publications that use the shear and photometric catalogues we provide an example paragraph that includes the relevant references:
We use data from the Canada-France-Hawaii Lensing Survey (Heymans et al. 2012), hereafter referred to as CFHTLenS. The CFHTLenS survey analysis combined weak lensing data processing with THELI (Erben et al. 2013), shear measurement with lensfit (Miller et al. 2013), and photometric redshift measurement with PSF-matched photometry(Hildebrandt et al. 2012). A full systematic error analysis of the shear measurements in combination with the photometric redshifts is presented in Heymans et al. (2012), with additional error analyses of the photometric redshift measurements presented in Benjamin et al. (2013).
• For publications which use the imaging data alone, cite Erben et al. (2013).
• For publications which use the photometry alone, cite Erben et al. (2013) and Hildebrandt et al. (2012).
Please also include the following paragraph in your acknowledgements section:
This work is based on observations obtained with MegaPrime/MegaCam, a joint project of CFHT and CEA/IRFU, at the Canada-France-Hawaii Telescope (CFHT) which is operated by the National Research Council (NRC) of Canada, the Institut National des Sciences de l'Univers of the Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS) of France, and the University of Hawaii. This research used the facilities of the Canadian Astronomy Data Centre operated by the National Research Council of Canada with the support of the Canadian Space Agency. CFHTLenS data processing was made possible thanks to significant computing support from the NSERC Research Tools and Instruments grant program.
We are keen for the community to make full use this data product, so do not hesitate to contact the CFHTLenS PIs, Ludovic Van Waerbeke and Catherine Heymans if you have any questions about the survey and the catalogues.